FCPPL PhD PRIZE / 2016
Find here information about how to apply to the FCPPL PhD prize :
Applicants to the FCPPL PhD prize have to send application materials before January 31st, 2016
In a will to promote the quality of PhD work carried out within the framework of FCPPL, strengthen the
links within our community and give the opportunity to PhD students to advertise their work, we open a contest for the “best FCPPL PhD work”.
Please find details below:
A- Conditions of application:
The contest is open to all PhD doctors fulfilling the 2 following conditions:
- Research work carried out in the fields associated with FCPPL in collaboration between France and China.
- PhD defended within 2 years before the contest closes (in the present case, between January 2014 and January 2016).
B- Application procedure & material:
- PhD manuscript
- PhD reviewers reports
- PhD defense report
- List of talks & publications
- A 2-pages summary of their PhD work
Two recommendation letters (by the PhD advisor + members of the PhD jury for example) are also accepted.
These documents have to be posted on this webpage or sent by email to Esthere Garnier (firstname.lastname@example.org
) before January 31st, 2016.
The jury of the contest will be designated by the members of the FCPPL steering committee. Persons directly involved in the work of one applicant will not take part in the jury.
The quality of the research and the collaborative aspect of the PhD work are the two main criteria for the evaluation.
D – Awards:
Two awards will be given:
- One for the “best Physics PhD”, for a work centered on data analysis & interpretation or theoretical work, provided there is at least 3 candidates in this category.
- One for the “best technical PhD” for a work centered on more technical aspects of research in our field: detector R&D or computing for instance , provided there is at least 3 candidates in this category.
Results will be officially released early March, 2016.
The two recipients of these prices will present their work during the 2016 FCPPL workshop to be held in Strasbourg.
Each will also be awarded a symbolic trophee and a 500€ reward (50% by France, 50% by China) during the FCPPL workshop.
If you need any further information don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you and good luck !